Effective Tips on How to Maintain Your Dental Veneers
Celebrities and models forever display beautiful smiles making everyone look on enviously, wondering how they achieved beautiful teeth positioned symmetrically next to each other. People don’t think these people reveal veneer teeth instead of natural ones. Celebrities have perfected the art of showing perfect teeth after covering all dental defects using veneers as a solution.
What Precisely Are Veneers?
Slimy surfaces customized from porcelain or composite resin attached to the front surfaces of the teeth are called dental veneers. Veneers are an excellent option to cover teeth with stains, chips, cracks, gaps, and misalignment. After getting them attached to the front surfaces of the damaged teeth, celebrities achieve a natural appearance from the shells.
Dental veneers appear natural and feel similarly because they gleam like natural and freshly cleaned teeth. Unfortunately, the appearance is also considered a downside because veneers are stain resistant and continue to appear white besides naturally discolored teeth. Therefore while veneers have their advantages, some downsides also accompany them making it essential for you to care for them appropriately with your natural teeth.
Effective Tips to Care for Dental Veneers
When you have dental veneers in Welland, ON, caring for your teeth and the shells requires some care, although they don’t need special attention. Dental veneers are designed to feel natural, and caring for them is not a challenge if you follow the suggested tips.
- Keeping Veneers Clean: Maintaining your veneers like your natural teeth becomes essential, primarily if you have invested in porcelain veneers costing you over $ 2500 per tooth. To clean your surfaces, you must brush twice daily and floss once to maintain optimal dental health. You can become a victim of gum disease if you maintain improper dental hygiene. Gum disease causes gum recession to expose the borders of the veneers, making them vulnerable to chipping and coming off.
- Using Appropriate Toothpaste: Many toothpaste brands contain abrasive ingredients harmful to your teeth and the surfaces on them. Therefore when selecting toothpaste, you must check the ingredients for agents like hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, et cetera. These agents can erode the veneers and your natural teeth enamel, making them lose their sheen. Therefore you help yourself by choosing gel products instead of toothpaste detrimental to your veneers and teeth.
- Mouth-Related Habits: Harmful mouth-related habits like using them as tools to open bottles or packages, biting fingernails or hard Candy, raw apples, and meaty bones can damage the veneers. In addition, foods containing excessive sugar and acids contribute to tooth decay and are harmful to the shells. Acidic foods like lemons and citrus are also better prevented because they damage the tooth enamel of your natural teeth.
- Alcohol Consumption: Having too many alcoholic drinks softens the special dental cement bonding the veneers to your teeth. While the softening will not dislodge the surfaces from the teeth, they make them more prone to damage and staining. Alcohol consumption doesn’t merely include drinking the liquid but also looking at mouthwash brands you purchase from drugstores or supermarkets because they contain nearly 20 percent alcohol that can cause similar damage to your veneers.
- Toothbrush Selection: While veneers don’t require special attention, you help extend their longevity by selecting a toothbrush suitable for brushing teeth with surfaces on them. You must ensure you choose a soft-bristled toothbrush to prevent scratching your veneers to safeguard their lifespan.
- Bruxism: if you are affected by bruxism causing you to clench and grind your teeth, you must discuss the problem with the Welland dentist providing the veneers. They will suggest and customize a night guard for you to prevent chipping and cracking your surfaces and your teeth by clenching and grinding. In addition, you must consider wearing protective devices like mouthguards if you are an active participant in contact sports because the protective appliances minimize impacts on your mouth and prevent injuries or damage to the surfaces.
- Dental Visits: after getting veneers over your teeth, you cannot ignore dental visits at six monthly intervals for several reasons. The dentist can monitor the surfaces and look for chipping, cracking or weakening dental cement to correct the problem before it gets intensive. In addition, dental visits also help you avoid issues like tooth decay and gum disease that adversely affect the beauty and quality of the veneers in your mouth.
Rose City Dental Center provides dental veneers to patients requesting them by advising how they must be careful of these surfaces to maintain their longevity after investing considerably in their smile. If you need smile enhancements with dental veneers, establish contact with this practice to improve the looks of your teeth and your smile.